Director of Human Resources
Homeland Credit Union, Inc. is searching for a Director of Human Resources to join the credit union’s executive leadership team. This is a newly created position to manage all aspects of our HR area. Position specific requirements and criteria are noted below. Homeland Credit Union offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For confidential consideration please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com prior to November 20, 2020.
The Director of Human Resources will develop, direct, and lead our recruiting, engagement, and talent development programs. This candidate will lead multiple staff members, maintain, and develop necessary vendor and legal relationships, manage our reporting requirement, and ensure compliance with all appropriate human resources laws and regulations. A detailed listing of essential duties includes, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Develop and implement our talent acquisition process to source, select, and hire a competent, diverse, and a talented workforce that fits our targeted culture.
- Conduct workforce planning process to identify anticipated openings to support growth.
- Network to attract and hire outstanding talent.
- Track, analyze, and report on the HR status, trends, compliance updates, and key performance indicators
- Work with the HCU leadership team to improve the organizations processes, programs and tools for talent assessment, training, and development.
- Collaborate with staff and coach leaders to develop the outstanding culture of engagement to set our staff up for success – the ability to do their best work for our membership and for their fellow team members.
- Responsible for the steps to identify failures in our culture and engagement plans along with the development of the related steps to correct and remediate
- Coach and develop plans to allow managers to understand and be competent to drive employee engagement.
- Train and work with our leadership team to implement and change initiatives to realize optimal culture development.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with appropriate HR laws at the local, state, and federal level.
- Ensure HCU policies are communicated, understood, and applied consistently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business.
- 7+ years of HR experience with a good background in Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement Success, Training/Coaching experience and Culture Development.
- Necessary regulatory knowledge to ensure we are compliant with all relevant employment and labor laws
- Any certification(s) or specific training in HR, Process Improvement, Change Management, Workforce Planning, Talent Development or Organizational Development programs would be a plus.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Results-oriented with the ability to measure progress and outcomes.
- Self-motivated with initiative to dive in, roll up sleeves and figure things out.
- A data-based problem solver who has a track record of learning and experimenting with new things to find solutions.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced growing business.
- A service-oriented mindset, with an outgoing, approachable personality and experience working in a collaborative team environment is required.
- Advanced computer skills would be necessary.
- The ability to manage multiple personnel, personalities, and ensure a culture of employee engagement and member service excellence is required in order to be successful for this position.