Director of Collections and Recovery
Homeland Credit Union is currently seeking a Director of Collections and Recovery. This position will direct and manage the daily operations of our collections department for Homeland. This candidate will lead/supervise multiple staff members, maintain, and develop our vendor and legal relationships, manage our reporting requirement, and ensure compliance with all appropriate collection laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Manages daily collections activities of all Collections Department personnel to ensure we are maintaining appropriate delinquency ratios and maximizing our opportunities for collections/recoveries
- Responsible for identifying and coaching collections staff to ensure excellence in member service and performance
- Will be instrumental in the maintenance, development, and implementation of all our necessary collection goals and expectations
- Works to ensure our Collections Policy and Procedures Manual is current, relevant to HCU and is updated to ongoing “Best Practices” in our industry and is compliant with the ever-changing legal landscape in the collections environment
- Reviews and manages Charge-Off activities at acceptable operating levels
- Must have working and specialized knowledge in collection law to ensure our collection actions are in full compliance with all Federal and State laws regarding collections – including but not limited to the FDCPA, SCRA, FCRA and Bankruptcy Law
- Manages all vendor relationships including our collection attorneys, collections agencies, repossession agents and auction representatives
- Works with our third-party legal counsel to ensure we are able to implement maximum collection actions on deceased accounts, bankruptcies and court actions
- Will work toward developing and approving of member loan workout plans, loan restructures, member need assessments and all avenues of collection work for the ultimate payment, recovery, and resolution of our loan balances
- Responds and works with our members regarding complaints and any concerns that arise within the framework of our collection activities
- Prepares and reviews daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual collection financial and statistical reports specific to the industry and the collection environment – will make leadership recommendations based upon these stated goals/reports
- Must be familiar and stay current with all State and Federal laws and regulations – training will be provided as requested/necessary
- Performs other related duties for and on behalf of HCU in the area of loan underwriting, collections and legal actions
Please Click Here to View The Full Job Description
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to CEO Shayne R. Poe at email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday, June 4th.